I’ve been planning to post DIY ideas on And Darling… since I started writing. So finally, here is one to hold you over! A few weeks ago on craft night, Kristyn and Meg came over to make homemade dog treats. We had a blast and made tons of treats!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 1 cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the egg together with the oil. Stir in the chicken broth and parsley. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring to combine and make a soft dough. Working on a lightly floured surface, lightly knead dough. Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies one inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until firm.